Please see a list of the most Frequently ask Questions (FAQ’s). If you can’t find what you are looking for then please give us a call on 01454 54 00 66 or fill in our contact form here.
Where is The Physio Clinic?
- We are based on the first floor within Riverside Leisure Club. The address is:
Riverside Leisure Club
Tel: 01454 54 00 66
Click here for full directions
What is your accessibility like?
- There is free disabled parking on-site with ramp access to enter the building via the Leisure Club main entrance (not The Physio Clinic entrance). The clinic is located on the first floor with stair access, however, if clients are unable to climb stairs, we have a large treatment and Pilates room on the ground floor where consultations and treatment can take place. Please advise us if you require a downstairs consultation.
Can I reach the clinic using public transport?
- Yes. The clinic is a short walk (2 mins) from Patchway train station. You can also reach us using the First Bus service. Plan your bus route using their website https://www.firstgroup.com/bristol-bath-and-west
Is there parking?
- Yes. We have a large onsite car park. Parking is free. There is CCTV in operation but note use of the carpark is at your own risk.
How long are your appointment sessions?
Appointment length varies depending on the type of service and the complexity of your needs.
- Initial physiotherapy appointments are up to 60 minutes in duration.
- Follow-up physiotherapy sessions are typically 30 minutes.
- Sports massage appointments vary from 30 – 60 minutes.
Occasionally sessions may run over if someone needs more time or their needs are more complex.
What are your fees?
Fees for our main services:
- Physiotherapy Initial assessment – £62
- Specialist Running Clinic Service – £99 (80′ appt)
- Physiotherapy Follow Up – £46
- Initial Sports Massage – £46 (60′ appt)
- Mummy MOT £80 Initial Assessment
For further services, including packages and Pilates classes, please click here
What payment methods do you accept?
- We accept all major debit and credit card payments including contactless payment.
- We can also accept cash and cheque.
Can I use my Medical Insurance / Health Cover?
- Yes. The Physio Clinic and its Physiotherapists are registered and recognised by most major Private Medical Insurance Companies including AXA PPP, WPA, AVIVA, and Cigna. Please call us to request confirmation of individual physiotherapist’s provider status and provider number.
- If you claim under a cashback scheme, you normally don’t need to get a GP referral, but please check if you are unsure.
- We can provide a headed receipt for all transactions that you can use to claim back through your cashback scheme or medical insurance.
- For more info see: https://www.thephysioclinicbristol.co.uk/claiming-under-private-medical-insurance/
What should I bring to my first session?
- If you wear reading glasses please bring them along.
- You may wish to bring along your own towel for comfort.
- If you are claiming via private medical insurance then please bring your membership and authorisation numbers.
- If your appointment is related to a scan or medical procedure, it can be useful to bring along any letters or reports you have regarding your current injury.
- A list of medications you are currently taking is sometimes useful especially if there are a few.
What should I wear/bring?
- It is best to wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing. It is often necessary for us to be able to see the skin around your injury and therefore we recommend you bring shorts or a vest top and wear sensible underwear. You may like to bring along your own towel too.
- We do have a selection of shorts and towels available for use in emergencies.
- If you have any letters or test results relating to your problem then bring those along.
- A list of current medications is useful.
- It is sometimes necessary for us to go to the Leisure Club gym, in which case a pair of trainers or suitable exercise footwear is recommended.
- For running assessments please bring your running gear.
Can I bring someone with me?
- Yes, by all means, you are welcome to be accompanied during sessions if you wish.
- Chlidren under the age of 16 must be accompanied for all sessions.
Are the therapists qualified?
- All our physiotherapists are registered members of the Health and Care Professions Council and Chartered Society of Physiotherapy. They are all trained to degree level or above.
- Our Massage therapists and Sports Rehabilitation experts are also trained to degree level and are registered with either the Sports Massage Association or Federation of Holistic Therapists.
- The Physio Clinic Bristol Ltd and all its therapists retain liability insurance and comply with all regulations specified by their governing body.
What if I need to cancel an appointment?
- We kindly request that you give 24 hours’ notice when cancelling an appointment to re-arrange. This will enable us some time to offer up your appointment to someone else.
- In cases of illness or emergency within less than 24 hours please still call us. We understand that life sometimes gets in the way of our plans. It will stop us from worrying if you are ok or calling you should you fail to attend, and we can then plan for your next session.