Pilates is a combination of exercises consisting of strength, mobility and stretching. The main theme of Pilates is maintaining a central core of stability during movement, with focus on breathing and body awareness.
- 1:1 Reformer/Matwork sessions for rehabilitation, fitness and general welbeing
- Group Matwork Pilates classes
- 1:1 Antenatal Reformer / Matwork sessions
Who is Pilates for?
Pilates has something to offer everyone, regardless of age, levels of ability or fitness. It is particularly good for people suffering with low back pain. From beginners to elite athletes, if you’re looking to improve your strength, posture, fitness or simply want a class that helps you feel revived and refreshed; then Pilates is for you.
1:1 or 2:1 Pilates Sessions
Many people prefer the bespoke nature of 1:1 sessions or even 2:1 rather than a group environment.
1:1 sessions will be more tailored to your needs. They offer a greater choice of exercises including Reformer Pilates as well as Matwork. Alternatively, why not workout with a friend or partner and share the costs with our 2:1 sessions.
Click here to view our current fees and discount packages
Group Matwork Pilates Classes
How do our Classes run?
- Each class is 45-55 minutes long, broken up into a warm-up, main exercises, and a cool down. Class sizes are small (6 max per class) to ensure your instructor can give you the attention you need. Correct technique and feedback is key to ensuring you get the best experience and results.
- Small equipment such as Pilates Circles, Balls, Bands and Foam Rollers are incorporated into the classes to either aid or challenge you during the class.
Why choose us?
- Your class will be led by fully trained Pilates instructors.
- They have extensive knowledge of how the body works and are able to modify exercises to best suit your ability and fitness levels. This ensures your exercise will be safe and effective for you, no matter your level.
- Classes take place in the comfort of our Pilates and Rehabilitation room.
When do our classes run?
- Click on the link to check our current class timetable – Class Timetable
Do I have to buy a package?
- No. You may choose to pay as you go, however it is cheaper and more cost-effective to buy a package of classes.
- Unlike some providers, sessions do not need to run on consecutive weeks. We would however recommend regular attendance to get the most out of your Pilates.
D0 I need to book in advance?
- Advanced booking is recommended as numbers are limited
- You can book and manage your classes online via our website
- For same day bookings, we recommend you call prior to attending
If you would like further information about Pilates, please call The Physio Clinic on 01454 540066
How can Pilates help me?
- Increases flexibility
- Improves posture
- Reduce back pain
- Develop muscular control
- Increases circulation
- Relieves tension
- Promotes relaxation
- Reduces the risk of injury
- Improves functional fitness for everyday life
Antenatal & Postnatal Pilates
Our 1:1 Antenatal & Postnatal Pilates sessions focus on your personal requirements at each stage of your pregnancy and following the birth of your child, be it combating back pain, working to maintain baseline strength, or purely for your overall fitness and wellbeing. Sessions include Matwork and/or Reformer Pilates, depending on your specific requirements